Thursday, May 21, 2009

My foray into screen printing!

So, I've been seeing screen printing a lot online lately and I thought, "what the heck, I can do that too!" So I checked out WhiMSylove's mini tute and I got shopping to make my own print!

I stopped at Michael's to pick up some Yudo screen printing ink (I'm too impatient to order the Speedball brand online- luckily Michael's is now carrying a screen printing machine and the ink for it) The ink:
Then, I prepared my "screen" (I used an old pair of pantyhose- It's what I had on hand) I got my little robot man from the Kittybuttons stencil website.

The finished product: (I just used an old men's undershirt--you know, the packs of like 6 Hanes shirts). I didn't get very good cover on his one little waving hand, but I think it gives him character!

Here's my screen with the finished shirt:
And here's me with my new creation, I just love my little robot man!

Here are other cheap screen printing instructions that were found online- check them out!
Happy Printing!! =]

0 comments:

 
Template by suckmylolly.com