Sunday, May 10, 2009

Countdown Calendar!

I made up this little countdown calendar for my 6 1/2 year old nephew, Ethan. He's had a lot of changes in his life this year and has been having a hard time lately so I made this countdown calendar to mark the days until my mom and dad go up to visit (which also happens to be his last day of school.)

Here's the calendar--he named my mom BB when he was two, we have no idea where he came up with it but it just stuck =] --It is made of two thin pieces of cardboard that are held together by some wrapping paper I had laying around. I added a ribbon to hang it with and some foam star stickers to give it a little extra something.
Here's a close-up of some of the days:
I made the calendar pages in Microsoft Word which, may I add, took FOREVER! The pages are held on with plain brads that I had left from a project I made last year. I put in an activity for Ethan to do every other day to give him something to look forward to.

Here's an example of some of the days:
Write a story about a boy named Joey!
Slide from one end of the kitchen to the other in your socks!
Find 5 things in your house that are your favorite color!

I hope that he likes it, he's really into writing his own stories (now he's into vampire stories, he wants to write like Stephenie Meyer because he knows we love her books--we've inadvertently made him a Twilight fan!!) and drawing so most of the activities center around that. This project could easily be tailored to fit any countdown needs. And kids love the idea of ripping off a page each day and seeing what activity they get to do next!

0 comments:

 
Template by suckmylolly.com