Monday, April 20, 2009

Cosmetic Baggy DooDad!

So, originally my older sister and myself decided to make each other gifts for Christmas instead of buying anything this last year. I started out knitting her a scarf but soon got bored with it (as I usually do with knitting, it's just not fast enough!!) so I decided to make her a pouch. Well, to make a long story short, I had zipper trouble so I finally got the zipper thing down so I decided to fill the pouch with Easter grass and a couple stamps (she scrapbooks and makes cards) and gave it to her as an Easter gift. Here it is...

The front (I made the button too!):
One side:Other side with a ribbon zipper pull:

The inside (with grass and stamps):


I had leftover material from the purse I made my younger sister for her birthday so I used it to make the pouch. I got the idea and how-to here. I made it bigger than the tute, I think I started out with a 12x9 inch rectangle of fabric. It's a pretty good size for a makeup bag or even a pencil pouch. And, oh yeah, I got the cute stamps at The Dollar Tree, once again proving that you can find just about anything there!

0 comments:

 
Template by suckmylolly.com