Tuesday, March 31, 2009

A Real Checkbook Cover! Finally!!

So, I FINALLY figured out the whole checkbook cover thing. You guys don't even know how many times I've measured, cut, sewed, taken apart, and almost cried over this thing (see my first try here.) Who would think that figuring out your own pattern for a simple checkbook cover could be so frustrating?? Anyway, I'm ecstatic that this is finally finished. So here are the gazillion pictures I took of my latest creation:

The Front:
The Back:
Laying Flat (once again showing off my mad GIMP skills!) :

Flat (sans checks):
Flat showing off the fabric:

I also bought a new cell phone last week so of course I needed a case for it so it won't get scratched when I throw it around so I re-purposed my first checkbook cover and made this:
This is my first project with snaps! They were a lot easier than I thought. Here it is in all it's snappy glory:

0 comments:

 
Template by suckmylolly.com