Monday, February 16, 2009

My First Purse!

Well, after weeks of contemplating and pattern searching I finally decided on the 'Butterflies and Fruit Pleated Tote' as my first bag. I made it out of lightweight white corduroy and purple polka dot cotton lining.

Here it is:
The lining:

Overall, I think that white cord probably wasn't the smartest thing to make a purse out of, but I fell in love with the purple and white combo. Next time I make this I'm going to use a heavier weight fabric and interfacing for the handle for extra strength but I think it came out extremely well for a first purse. I still need to perfect my technique and learn how to put in snaps and pockets, but practice makes perfect, right? But, alas, I didn't get to keep it. I gave it to my little sister for her birthday. I'll post some action pictures as soon as I can so you can tell how large it is.

0 comments:

 
Template by suckmylolly.com