Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Harry Potter Crafting!

So, it's that time again...Harry Potter time! If I haven't mentioned this before I'm a huge HP nerd. I'm totally addicted to all things Potter. So I decided that I needed to make a shirt to wear when I go see the movie this week.
Just a warning: this post is very picture chunky! Enjoy!


The stencil I started with: (I'm totally proud of the lightening bolt, I free-handed it!)
The stencil cut out:
On the shirt after I applied the paint:
After taking the stencil off, before removing the bridged pieces:
All finished:
Me, wearing it to show placement of the words:
All finished!! HP here I come!

I was planning on using a navy blue shirt but the JerZee brand shirts I buy never fit the same way. So I used a Hanes undershirt with grey fabric paint that I mixed. I wanted it to be simple and to the point. If you aren't a HP fan or you don't know what a horcrux is (shame on you! Go out and buy the books right now!) check out the Wiki page here.

If you're interested in learning how to stencil check out these awesome online tutorials:

Stencilry
Stencil Punks



0 comments:

 
Template by suckmylolly.com